On May 20th, 2021, we said goodbye to Strength2Food, a 5-year EU-funded project that started in March 2016.
The project’s final conference brought together more than 300 stakeholders including policy makers, practitioners, researchers and representatives of EU institutions and was the perfect occasion to:
- Present key results and recommendations on how to improve current policies and practices on EU Food Quality Schemes, Public Sector Food Procurement and Short Food Supply Chains;
- Showcase the outcomes and best practices from the different demonstration pilot actions, and the multiple tools and resources developed as part of the project;
- Organise sessions around thematic areas, methodology insights and H2020 knowledge exchange;
- Provide insights into future policy agenda and research directions;
- Engage with a variety of like-minded stakeholders;
Moreover, and besides the engaging and informative presentations by the Strength2Food partners, the online experience, planned and run by the European Food Information Council (EUFIC), offered to participants a networking platform and a digital exhibition space showcasing the pilot actions undertaken and the multiple tools and resources developed for different agri-food stakeholders.